How I Work From Home And Earn Money- $600+ From My Small Blog
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information
This ‘How I work from home and earn money post’ is my income and traffic report in my sixth month as a blogger. It outlines all the ways I made money from my blog. These tips can help YOU out so keep reading!
This is my February 2017 online income report in my sixth month of blogging.
Can you believe it guys! I’ve been blogging for six whole months! In this post, I explain how I make money blogging and all other important blogging events that took place in the last month. Just to give you a bit of insight, this month was all about learning for me.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
WHY I’M BLOGGING MY INCOME & TRAFFIC REPORTS
When I created this blog, it was to show people how to make money online through online jobs, online businesses, blogs, websites and so on. What better way to do that than to allow them to see me doing it right along with them, right?
1. I want to be able to document the growth of my blog.
2. I want people to see that it is possible to make money from their blogs and ultimately create a better life with more choices for themselves and their loved ones.
3. I love writing, so I will take the opportunity to write anything!
Plus it’s all the rave these days and everyone’s doing it! Just kidding! I’m not one to follow the crowd, but I am particularly interested in making money and sharing my experiences trying to do so online.
4. The main aim of my monthly blog income and traffic report is to help someone, somewhere, learn something from this, and create a better life for themselves by starting their own blog, if that’s what interests them, but they’ve been afraid to take the leap!
So, if you’re that someone who would like to create your own blog, I created a detailed, step by step guide on how to setup a blog in 30 minutes or less with SiteGround. If you use my link, you can receive a 60% discount and start blogging for just $3.95 per month (unbeatable value!!!). I recently learned that it is really possible to make money from a blog and I am determined to do this right and have a super successful blog. I would love for you to join me along the way!
I am super excited to share my February 2017 blog income report for my 6th month of blogging.
I notice that many bloggers start income and traffic reports when their blog actually starts to make money, rather than when they first start their blog. I get this since:
1. Many bloggers start their blogs with no idea that they can even generate an income from it, or with no desire to even do so.
2. Some do not even know the concept of a blog income and traffic report when they first start out blogging.
But, I do, and I want to be different and share the progress of my blog from the very beginning rather than from when it starts to actually make progress.
I’M SHARING MY INCOME AND TRAFFIC REPORTS TO KEEP YOU AND ME MOTIVATED!
Here’s what I think
I suspect that many people who start blogging quit before really giving it a chance because they don’t seem to see much progress in terms of traffic and income in the first few months of blogging (month 1-3). Therefore, blogging seems useless to them.
Moreover, many people don’t see bloggers ‘like them’ who aren’t making much money and getting much traffic as yet. After all, the blogosphere is filled with income and traffic reports from bloggers who choose to share their income and traffic reports when they ‘look better’
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. But this blog is about helping the newbies, like me, see full, unedited progress and pitfalls from day one.
I share this in the hope that it will keep newbies motivated and let them see that they aren’t doing anything wrong, they are merely learning and progressing at a typical pace.
Also, if you’re not yet a blogger, I hope my income and traffic reports, as well as all my other juicy articles for newbie bloggers, will help you build up the courage to start your own profitable blog as you see that anything is possible with it no matter what your stats are in the beginning. It will get better, way better, if you do the right things consistently.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS FOR FEBURARY
Pinterest traffic took a terrible dip in the first 2 weeks of February. For me, this was a terrible experience. I thought I was doing something wrong until I saw some facebook threads where other bloggers were discussing their similar low traffic and explaining how this has been happening for years. Every February traffic seems to take a dive for a few weeks. Let me know if you experienced this too.
By the 3rd week of February traffic picked back up quite nicely and continues to grow!
I focused on keywords for Pinterest.
I purchased an e-book that teaches you how to pin manually on Pinterest and drive tons of traffic to your blog. Don’t worry guys…It was quite affordable at $24. (P.S This e-book now costs $32.00)
Overall, February was the best month I’ve had in terms of traffic, but income was down a bit.
As you may know, this blog was launched on September 1st, 2016 and this is my 6th blog income and traffic report.
As you can imagine, I am still learning so much every day! I say this every month, but as of late, I have taken a very active role in learning and studying as much high-quality content as I can(for free or as cheaply as possible of course) …I have to say that this has helped me a lot.
If you would like to see my progress over the last 5 months, you should have a look at my previous blog income and traffic reports below.
September 2016 income and traffic report ($51.29)
October 2016 income and traffic report ($145.89)
November 2016 income and traffic report ($245.36)
December 2016 income and traffic report ($334.51)
January 2017 income and traffic report ($763.67)
These Were My Goals For February 2017 – Was I successful Or Not?
GOAL #1: GET 15,000 PAGE VIEWS BY THE LAST DAY OF February 2017
I wanted to get 15,000 page views last month. In the beginning of the month, my traffic was super lower than usual. I had purchased this e-book and was following the strategies within and I expected to see great results but that didn’t work out as I had planned. Not initially anyway. My traffic stayed down for two weeks and I was devasted. I was on the brink of giving up on the e-book entirely, but, I spoke to a blogger who uses the strategies in the book and she let me know that her traffic was also lower than usual in February. This let me know that something must be going on. So, I jumped on my trusted FB groups for bloggers and sure enough, everyone was complaining about Pinterest traffic being lower than usual. Pro bloggers were saying that this is normal for February. Apparently, Pinterest traffic dwindles for almost everyone in that month. Therefore, I continued to implement the strategies in the e-book. I also did some more research and made a few tweaks here and there to help my Pinterest strategy even more.
These are my results! 19,132 page views! Woot Woot!
I’m so glad I didn’t give up on the strategies outlined in the e-book because it’s actually starting to work for me!
GOAL #2: Engage more in my facebook group and grow it to 100 members.
I tried to be a bit more engaged in my group this month. I could have done more which I plan to do in March. The group New Bloggers Network now has 105 wonderful members!
GOAL #3: Increase my income by 30% = Make $984.10
Google Adsense: $77.51
(Just in case anyone is wondering. My income from Google Adsense stayed around the same as last month even though my traffic improved tremendously because I had no ads displaying on my blog from January 19th 2017 up until February 11th 2017. This happened because I had not received my PIN that google sent me months and months ago so that I could validate my address. As soon as I got the PIN in the mail and validated my address my ads were reinstated on my blog)
Web hosting: $250.00
Survey affiliates: $270.20
Jaxxy Affiliate: $20.00
CPA Leads: $0.50
Theme Forest: $7:09
TOTAL INCOME: $626.36
Web Hosting: $3.95
Pinteresting Strategies: $24.00
TOTAL EXPENSES: $42.95
Net income: $583.41
GOAL #4: Publish 4 blog posts (each 1500 + words).
I worked hard on my content last month. For instance, I created two great content upgrades, and I did a massive overhaul of two of my major posts. However, I was only able to publish 3 blog posts this month.
Here Are The Posts I Published In February 2017
1. How I Make Money Blogging- January 2017 income and traffic report
2. 32+ genius ways to make extra money working from home (Most popular post this month 5631 page views)
3. How to use Keywords on Pinterest to boost traffic.
GOAL #5: GET 100 MORE EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS
I was able to get 42 new email subscribers in February! I am happy about my progress, but I’m still not making great progress.
I’m currently taking a free e-course on this. Hopefully, this free course helps out.
GOAL #6: Get 200 more Pinterest followers.
I got 196 beautiful, new Pinterest followers this month! I now have 961 Pinterest followers.
GOAL #7: Work on and test out more content upgrades.
I did this, more so towards the end of the month. Therefore, I’m not entirely sure how they’re performing.
That was how my February went in blog land! What do you think of my accomplishments for February? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Takeaways From February 2017
Each month I set goals (for accountability and focus). Sometimes I think I’m crazy for sharing my goals publicly, and thus having to dedicate myself to accomplishing them. However, I am well aware that I can get really lazy, really quickly, therefore, I know it is best to do it this way. The fact that I have outlined my goals to you, my lovely reader, encourages me to work hard and not disappoint you or myself by slacking off! I did not accomplish all my goals for the month of February (although I am on track with my overall blog goals for 2017) but I am super happy with my progress this month.
At the beginning of every month, I will set some goals and we will see if I accomplish them! I will outline my goals for March at the end of this post, so please read on.
Now, FOR THE TAKEAWAYS FROM February
I like to write my takeaways for the past month in the hopes that it helps you out.
Like I said in the beginning of the post, for the first 2 weeks of February my traffic was low…really low. I’m not sure if you guys know, but most of my blog traffic comes directly from Pinterest at the moment. I had just purchased this e-book in the hopes that I could increase my traffic but it just wasn’t happening. I did some research in facebook groups to help me understand what was going on and I found out that:
- Traffic from Pinterest usually seems to be low in the month of February for almost everyone due to a change in the Pinterest algorithm.
- Many pro bloggers were also experiencing lower traffic at the same time that I was.
- My traffic wasn’t low due to the strategies in the e-book …Phew!
By the beginning of the 3rd week of February, my traffic started to soar! Literally!
- Pinterest seemed to have righted itself 🙂
- I was implementing the strategies in the e-book (with a few tweaks here and there to suit my audience) even when my traffic was low and I wanted to give up on the new strategies that the e-book teaches.
- I took this free video course that helped me understand how to create better pins and better blog post titles and a host of other useful Pinterest tips.
- I reduced my scheduled pinning with Tailwind from 120 daily to an average of 50 daily.
In case you want to start using Pinterest to get blog traffic, I suggest you take advantage of this free month trial of Tailwind by clicking this link. This is the scheduling tool I use to schedule my pins. I love this tool guys! It saves me tons of time plus, it gives me detailed insights on how my pins are performing and how my Pinterest boards are performing. I love this since it helps me understand where to put my focus when it comes to my Pinterest account. Also, try out the e-book to grow your Pinterest traffic, the strategies are unusual, but, they are beginning to work well for me. I am now averaging 700-1000+ page views every day. Compare this to January 2017, when I was averaging 400 page views a day.
P.S. My highest traffic day in February was 1,954 page views and this has NEVER happened before!
What I Plan To Do In March (Pinterest)
- Read this Pinterest e-book again and again and continue to implement the strategies it teaches.
- Update boring blog post titles and make them more catchy and clickable.
- Update boring, and ineffective pins and make them more catchy and clickable.
- Join more niche group boards, particularly for work from home opportunities.
- Study the Pinterest pros.
What I did in February.
- I tried to worked on my own facebook group called New Bloggers Network. I slacked off a bit towards the end of the month, though. This group is specifically for bloggers under 2 years who are looking for a place to network, grow and support each other. You can join here!
What I will do in February
- Network more in large facebook groups
- Work on growing my Facebook Group and connecting with bloggers and online business owners like myself.
- Implement more daily threads within New Bloggers Network that will help our members.
Again, my organic traffic was okay in February. I was able to increase my search engine traffic by 19%.
What I did in January
- I updated a few of my older posts and made them more SEO friendly.
- I took the free SEO e-course from this blog towards the end of February.
What I will do in February
- Create an SEO checklist from the free e-course I took last month and go through 1 blog post daily, ensuring that it is SEO ready.
If you want to improve your own SEO and search traffic, have a look at the exact steps I will be following for my own blog. Read this article on a proper keyword research tool, that’s way better than Google Keywords Planner.
Also, read this article on the basics of understanding and implementing good SEO strategies
What were your takeaways in February 2017? Also, let me know what you guys accomplished!
I’d love to know what you were up to, as well as what failures, successes and lessons you learned this month, so share with me in the comments below as I’d really love to connect! 🙂
Blog goals for March 2017!
1. Get 30,000 page views by the last day of March 2017.
2. Engage more in my facebook group and grow it to 150 members.
4. Earn $700+ this month
5. Publish 4 blog posts (each 1500 + words).
6. Get 100 more email subscribers.
7. Get 250 more Pinterest followers.
8. My biggest goal for this month is to be able to apply for and be accepted for media vine ads.
Will I achieve these goals at the end of March? Stick around to find out how I’m doing!!
Also, if you have any questions at all, leave a comment and I will help out! 🙂
I would love to know your plans for your blog this month! Share with me in the comments below!
Learning Material That I Highly Recommend
Pinteresting Strategies: This e-book helped me increase my page views drastically. My blog went from 12,000 page views to 56,000 page views in a few months!
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing: This course is a must for anyone interested in making money online through affiliate marketing. I’ve learned so much about affiliate marketing just from this course and I have been able to grow my blog’s income from $1700 to $3000 exactly 1 month after getting the e-course and implementing some of its strategies.
Pinterest Traffic Avalanche: This e-course walks you through absolutely everything you need to know about succeeding on Pinterest. It’s super in depth and will teach you some amazing Pinterest strategies that you won’t find anywhere else. This course is especially great for helping you create the best pins which in return, help you get loads of traffic from Pinterest.