This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information
If you’re here to learn how to start a WordPress blog in 3 super simple steps, for a super low price and with one of the top web hosting companies online, then you’re in the absolute best place.
This blog post will give you the full scope of all the steps you need to follow to finally start your blogging journey the right way.
Before I started my own blog, I thought that the process was super difficult and something I might not be able to manage myself. However, I’ve since learned that it can be quite easy to start a blog if you have the right resources. This blog post will provide you with all the resources you need to create a WordPress blog that you are proud of!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
And, the best part is that you can start your blog for as low as $3.95 a month using Siteground, which is one of the top trusted web hosting companies in 2017.
Click here to start your blog on WordPress, then come back and use my super detailed tutorial below to learn how to fully set up your blog and finally start your own blogging journey.
As you can see by my income reports, blogging has made a significant impact in my life in only a few short months by helping me make extra money each month. I have not made hundreds of thousands of dollars from my blog as yet, however, in a few short months, I have been able to consistently grow my side income from my blog. I have no special abilities or knowledge about blogging expect what I teach myself from online. Therefore, I am convinced that if I can earn money online through my blog, anyone can do it too!
Ready to start your own blog?
Use Siteground web hosting for $3.95 a month to start your blog.
Reasons why you should use Siteground
1. Starting your blog with Siteground will ensure that your blog is self-hosted on wordpress.org which will go a long way into helping you earn money on your blog.
2. Siteground is EASY to use and set up.
3. Their service is very trustworthy and highly recommended in the blogging community.
4. They have awesome customer service and offer technical support as well.
5. You only need to pay $3.95 a month to start.
6. Your blog will be very professional looking.
7. They offer a 30-day money back guaranteed if they aren’t a great fit for you.
Siteground is an awesome web host to use to start your blog. They’re one of the best web hosting companies in 2017 and they have been for a while so you will be happy with them!
Continue reading below to learn how to start your blog on Siteground. Please remember if my instructions and guidance do not answer a question that you have, please send me an email using my contact page and I will help you out to the best of my ability.
I’d also like to give you some further encouragement. You do not need to know everything or read every single blog post out there before you start your blog. You just need to start. Your blog will not be perfect when you start it. That’s just not how it works. This is a journey where you will learn and grow and create something beautiful that you absolutely love. It is all a learning process. If you’re ready to do this, read the instructions below.
How to start your blog on Siteground.
Then follow this simple 3 step process to set up your blog the right way.
Select your hosting plan.
Setting up a WordPress blog on Siteground requires you to purchase web hosting for your blog.
Web hosting is simply a space on the internet that you pay for that allows your blog to be found online. Put simply, it is like a space that you rent to have your blog in, similar to a piece of real estate property for a physical business, except it is way cheaper than renting physical space.
Typically, good web hosting services cost about $10 a month. With Siteground, you can start at $3.95 per month.
Here are some facts to be aware of before you dive in:
- In order to get the super low price for web hosting you need to choose the Start-Up Plan
- Also, in order to get your Siteground web hosting for only $3.95 monthly and get yourself a free domain, you will need to pay upfront for an entire year. This will only cost you less than $100. (P.S I spent $0 on my web hosting last year in order to start my blog and I now make almost $3000 per month on this blog. The money I spent on hosting was well worth it!)
- If you can afford more than just the basic web hosting package, check Domain Privacy Protection. This will help protect your personal information such as your name, address and telephone number.
- Also, if you can afford it, check Hack Alert, so that you will have the best possible protection from hackers.
- If you forgo all add-ons, your web hosting will cost about $50 for your first year. If you select hack alert and domain privacy, you will pay about $75 for your first year.
- To complete this process on Site ground, Click on the blue ‘order now’ button to select your plan and move to the next step (as shown in the image below).
Pick a domain name.
A domain name is a web address that helps people find you on the internet. For example, my domain name was previously www.sheblogsaboutjobs.com. I recently changed it to www.smartnancials.com
Before choosing your domain name/blog name, check out this helpful post for guidelines to help you come up with a great blog name in minutes.
Once you’ve decided on a domain name that you really like and can grow with, click on this link to see if it’s available through Siteground.
Note, a domain name via Siteground is usually $14.95/year, but if you purchase web hosting via Siteground for a full year, you will get your FREE domain name for 12 full months.
Here is the process of picking your domain.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when picking a domain name.
Click the blue button that says ‘proceed ‘ to get to the next step. (as shown in image above)
Fill in your billing and login information
Fill in your payment information
Confirm your purchase
Click the blue ‘pay now’ button to purchase your affordable web hosting plan.
Install WordPress On Siteground
After you complete your domain name and web hosting purchase, it’s time to install WordPress so you can finally have yourself a blog!
This part is super easy to do and I will help you along!
You can have the lovely customer agents at Siteground do this for you or, you can do it yourself. It’s quite easy.
1. Using the email and password that you specified in the steps above, log in to Siteground dashboard.
2.Navigate to the My Accounts tab and click on the orange button which says ‘Go To Cpanel‘
3. Click on the blue button that says ‘WordPress Installer’ in the section called WordPress Tools
4. Click on the blue Install button.
After you click on the blue Install button, you will be taken to another page. You can fill in the values below:
* Choose Protocol: Choose your protocol, most likely it is: http://
* Choose Domain: Choose your domain name from the drop-down menu.
* In Directory: keep this box empty. It will auto fill to WordPress.org
* Database: Leave it as ‘default’
*Table Prefix: Leave it as ‘default’
*Site Name: Choose a site name. You can always change this later.
*Site Description: Describe briefly what your site/blog is about. You can always change this later.
*Enable Multisite: Leave box unchecked.
*Admin Username: Choose an admin username. You will use this when you log into the backend of your blog. This username is very important so write it down so you don’t forget!
*Admin Password: Choose an admin password. You will use this when you log into the backend of your blog. Again..super important!
*Admin Email: Add any email that works or keep the default.
*Select Language: English or whatever language you speak.
*Limit Login: If you would like, keep this box checked for added security. It will help to thwart hackers. If you do use this feature, please ensure that you know your username and password, as this feature will lock you out of your backend for certain periods of time if you use incorrect credentials.
*Clef: A great security feature, if you plan to use your phone to log into your WordPress dashboard. I had some problems with it so I don’t really recommend it.
*Disable user notification: Keep unchecked if you’d like updates.
Finally, click on Install and your WordPress blog will be installed on Siteground hosting within a minute.
Now, use the username and password you choose in the previous step to log into your WordPress dashboard using your Administrative URL. which looks like this:
Log in with your username or email and password
Now that you have taken advantage of this great web hosting package deal, and you have created your blog. It’s now time to follow a few more steps to ensure that your blog is fully set up and ready to be launched to the world. I have created an awesome resource to help you launch your blog in the easiest way possible.
It’s now time to follow a few more steps to ensure that your blog is fully set up and ready to be launched to the world. I have created an awesome resource to help you launch your blog in the easiest way possible.
Before you sign up for this awesome resource to learn all the steps you need to follow to actually launch your blog, I want to show you how awesome blogging really is. I’ve been able to spend time sharing things that I love to talk about and make money doing so!
I followed these exact steps that I’m sharing in this post, and started my blog to make a side income and I would like to share my income reports with you below.
Blog income posts
I launched my own blog on September 1st 2016. Here is my progress so far:
March 2017 income and traffic report $1505.27
April 2017 income and traffic report $1726.44
I’m currently enrolled in this course to learn how to make more money from my blog. You should definitely check it out to start your blog income journey with an absolute bang!
You can do this too! You’ve completed the first two steps that you need to start your blogging journey.
Follow The Steps In This Blog Set Up Checklist that outlines ALL the steps you need to follow to be able to launch your blog as quickly and as hassle-free as possible! All the steps link to awesome tutorials that will help you understand and go through the different steps seamlessly.
☐ Design a logo
☐ Create Your First Few Posts: Write 3 or more great posts that set the tone for content you will have on your blog.