This post may contain affiliate links.
On this blog, I talk a lot about various ways to make extra money online. The main reason for this is because I strongly believe in the need for more income to help ease some of the financial burdens of life.
Not too long ago, I was struggling to come up with extra money each month. Extra money that I desperately needed to get by. The financial strain was terrible so when I found out that I could legitimately make extra money online, I immediately knew I was going to pursue this, and give it my all. I also knew that there must be others in need of ways to make extra money out there and I feel it is my duty to share my findings on my blog so that those who need it can benefit from the information.
How a few extra bucks every month can help you out! MASSIVELY
1. It can help ease the burden and worry of impending bills and upcoming loan payments.
2. It can help you save up to invest in some other dreams that you might have.
3. It can help you retire earlier.
4. It can help you take some much-needed time away from your 9-5…Heck, It can help you quit your 9-5 all together in a few short months and make a full-time income online!
5. It can help open more opportunities for you.
Below, I have listed over 30 ways to make extra money this year from the comfort of your home.
15 POPULAR ways to make extra money ONLINE
These popular extra money ideas are being used by tons of people to every day. Below, I ‘ve listed some of the most legitimate and popular ways to earn money from home. They include:
1. Start a blog- This is by far one of the best ways I have made extra money online. This is a very lucrative small business idea and it allows me to be creative in a way that I want to be. Last month I was able to make over $700 in extra income from my 5-month-old blog. You can create your own blog with my beginners tutorial. It costs less than $5 monthly (billed yearly), plus you can get a 65% discount if you sign up using my tutorial.
2. 17. Take online surveys: This is my favorite way to earn income without having to invest anything. I particularly like survey sites like Swagbucks, Global Test Market, Inboxdollars, Cashcrate, Survey Downline, Vindale Research, YouGov, Prize Rebel, My Points, Toluna, Mindspay, Survey Voices and Survey Rewards. All these are free to join and use, and most pay via Paypal. You will get paid to take surveys and test out products. It is a good idea to join as many as possible so that you receive the most survey opportunities to maximize your income.
3. Start a dropship business: This is an awesome way to make money online as well. The best part is that it can be really cheap to start and you never have to touch, ship or fulfill any orders. You can check out this awesome post that walks you through the process of how to start drop shipping on Shopify.
4. Sell on Etsy: It’s very easy and affordable to start selling handmade or vintage products on Etsy. Check out this detailed post on how you can start selling on Etsy.
5. Sell products on Amazon: Another great way to make money this year is by selling products on Amazon. You can check out this guide which shows you how to make thousands of dollar selling on Amazon.
6. Sell digital products on amazon: Are you highly knowledgeable about a topic? If you are, you can create an epic e-book and start selling it on Amazon.com. You should click here for the exact steps to follow if you want to publish and sell an e-book or e-books this year.
7. Sell on eBay: Everyone goes to eBay for deals. If you have some items that you consider good deals, you can list and sell them on eBay to make some extra cash. Here is a guide to selling on eBay. P.S You should get the eBay mobile app so you’re can sell you stuff on the go.
8. Sell clothing on Poshmark: Do you have good quality fashionable pieces lying around at home? Learn how you can make extra money by selling them on Poshmark.
9. Leverage Amazon and eBay to drop ship without ever touching a single product. There is a big trend right now in starting a drop shipping business. You can use the two e-commerce Giants- eBay and Amazon – to dropship and make extra money.
10. Sell anything on Shopify: This is a great selling platform for drop shipping, selling digital products or physical products. The setup process is super beginner friendly. You can try out Shopify for 14 days for free here.
11. Join a direct sales business: If you like network marketing, you can join a direct sales business and start making money online. Here is a list of 18 great direct sales companies to join for under $200.
12. Design graphics, websites, fonts, plugins and other web elements and sell them on sites like creative market or theme forest. Read the guide here.
13. Design virtually and make money from sites like Zazzle. If you have a knack for design, this might be right up your alley. Read more on how to sell on Zazzle here.
14. Start an online virtual assistant business. If you’re good at managing tasks for online businesses and bloggers, you can start a virtual assistant business and start earning extra money from home. Here is a detailed guide to becoming a VA in 30 days or less.
15. Start an online graphic design business: If you’re good at graphic design, you can start a website and sell your graphic design services online for extra money.
16. Create a course and teach others: If you’re good at something, anything at all that is in demand, you can create a course and teach others from a site like teachable. You can make lots of extra money doing this. Here is a guide to get started.
Other ways to make extra money online
17. Become a virtual assistant: You can make tons of extra money by getting a virtual assistant job online. Virtual assistants help make businesses run more efficiently. Click here to find out where to find some great VA jobs online.
18. Become a usability tester: You can test websites and apps and make $10 or more per each test. Click here to read my post on where to find usability testing opportunities here.
19. Become a data entry clerk: Are you a great typist? You can make money this year by becoming an online data entry clerk. Check out this post for some great data entry clerk positions.
20. Become an online writer: Yes, you can make money online by becoming a content writer. There are different ways to do this. They include:
- Starting a blog. This is a great opportunity to make money online by writing a sharing information (on just about any interesting topic) on your blog. If this interests you, you should read my tutorial on how to set up a blog to jumpstart your writing career.
- Writing for other companies. Here is a list of great websites searching for paid online writers.
21. Become a transcriptionist: This type of online work requires you to be a fast typer. Your job will be to listen to audios and transcribe this audio into words. Pay is usually $15-$25 per hour of transcribing. Check out this post for transcription jobs that you can get paid for.
22. Become an online tutor: You can make extra money by tutoring people online. There are tons of legitimate companies hiring online tutors. The pay is usually $15+/hour. You can check out this post for more information about online tutoring.
23. Become a search engine evaluator: Do you know that you can make money for cleaning up Google? This job is called a search engine evaluator and you get paid for evaluating search engine results and determining if the results that show up are relevant to the terms typed into the search bar. You can earn anywhere from $13-$20 per hour doing this job. Here are some places to find search engine evaluator jobs: Leapforce, Lionbridge, Appen.
24. Make money on Youtube: Learn how to make extra money this year on Youtube by downloading this guide.
25. Become an affiliate marketer: As an affiliate marketer, you, as an individual will partner with brands offering products or services and help market their offerings for a commission. Here is a detailed post on how to become a successful affiliate marketer. Alternatively, you can start a blog and learn how to become an affiliate marketer by reading free resources online.
26. Become an advertising strategist: Do you know how to advertise on big sites like facebook and google and provide your clients with an awesome ROI? If you do, you can set up a website and start providing your services to people who want to advertise their business online but don’t necessarily have the knowledge to do so effectively.
27. Become a mystery shopper: Everyday, many companies are paying regular people like you and me to mystery shop. The main aim of this is to test out their business products and services and to ensure that they/their staff are providing their customers with the best possible service. You can check out this post explaining mystery shopping in more detail as well as some legit websites to find mystery shopping opportunities.
28. Become an instructor on Udemy: You can teach people on Udemy via courses and make tons of extra money from your home. Try it out here.
29. Manage social media accounts: You can start earning lots of extra money by managing social media accounts for businesses, bloggers and other internet marketers with super busy schedules. You need to have great working knowledge of how to market effectively on multiple social platforms. You also may need skills in designing graphics and templates for various social sites using graphics software. You can find those opportunities on Fiverr and in various facebook groups for bloggers and online business owners.
30. Complete gigs on Fiverr: Fiverr is one of the most popular sources of outsourced service. You can get paid $5 or more to complete tasks. Some of those tasks include content writing, doing research, creating graphics, SEO, building websites and so much more. Check out Fiverr here.
31. Get paid to Tweet: Did you know that you can make money just for tweeting? You can find out more about this from this awesome blogger.
32. Make money on Instagram: Click here to download a free e-book that teaches you how you can leverage Instagram to make money.
33. Make money using Facebook: Click here to download a free e-book to learn how you can start making money from Facebook.
34. Earn extra money for downloading apps to your devices: Many companies will pay you cash to download their app and keep it on your mobile device to collect data. These companies mostly collect data such as what you’re searching for online. Here are a few legitimate apps you can download to your mobile devices and make cash
35. Complete easy, fun tasks: If you have a few extra minutes you can complete simple and fun tasks on spare5 and earn actual money in your PayPal account.
36. Use Swagbucks for searching on the web. You can use Swagbucks in place of Google to do your online searches. This is a very simple way to make some extra cash, especially if you search for lots of things online.
That’s it guys. I hope you enjoy this post on how to make extra money online this year. If you did, share with friends!
THE ULTIMATE BLOG LAUNCH CHECKLIST
Get the FREE checklist packed with the most valuable resources to help you go from purchasing your domain and hosting package to ACTUALLY fully setting up your blog and getting it launched with in no time!