The Best Direct Sales Companies You Can Start For Cheap
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information
The best direct sales companies that you can join to start your direct sales business.
Are you someone who is looking for some of the best direct sales companies to join?
Well, I have prepared a list of 18 legitimate direct sales companies that you can join to start your direct sales business.
The best part!
They all have fairly reasonably priced starter kits, so if you are trying to join a direct sales company, but have a low budget, you’re still able to start your business.
Therefore, anyone is able to start their direct sales business, especially since most cost less than $200 to start.
How to get paid to test websites
When you start a business with some of the best direct sales companies you will:
1. Be in an industry that made average US sales of $36.12 billion in 2015.
2. Have the opportunity to work from home on your own schedule.
3. Have the ability to impact many lives positively and earn a good income doing it.
Remember, direct sales is a very sales oriented business, so if you’re not a very good salesperson, then consider this online business opportunity instead.
It has a great return on investment and income potential and does not require you to host house parties or person to person meetups in order for your business to make sales and become profitable.
Recommended Reading: How To Create A Blog For Money: Start A Blog For $3.95 Per Month.
How Do People Make Money On A Blog: Principles Of Monetizing Your Blog.
However, if you are the type of person who wants to dominate at your direct sales business, then read on!
What is direct selling?
This is selling products or services outside of a traditional retail location. Most of the selling is done person to person, through parties or online.
How many people around the world have joined direct sales companies?
According to the Direct Selling Association (DSA), an average of 20 million people around the world was involved in a direct sales business in 2015.
What is the average income from direct selling?
About half of the people who start direct selling businesses make an average of less than $3000 annually. The other half earn approximately $50,000 annually and others who go really hard with their business earn six-figure incomes annually.
What you earn from direct sales or, in any other business, whether online or offline, is directly related to the time, effort and creativity you put into your business.
Also, your willingness to learn and implement successful strategies used by the successful people in your industry will have an impact on your income.
How do I earn an income from direct selling?
You earn money by:
1. By selling products and making a commission from the sales that you make.
2. By recruiting other salespeople to join your team and earning a percentage of your team members monthly income.
How do I join a direct sales business?
There are two ways to join. Some direct sales companies have both options and some only have one option:
1. By purchasing a product from the direct sales company, after which you will be able to promote that company’s products to earn a commission.
2. By purchasing a “kit” whether starter or advanced then setting up your business with the guidance and tools that you are given in this kit you purchased.
A direct sales kit will usually include a few of the company’s best-selling products, paper business materials such as flyers, catalogs, party invitations, order forms or business cards.
How to choose the right direct sales company for you
Choosing the right direct sales company or you will depend on a few things including:
What products you personally enjoy using. You generally want to promote things that you use and enjoy.
How knowledgeable you are about the industry you want to go into. If you’re wanting to promote health-related products and services, for instance, ask yourself if you’re knowledgeable about these products. If not, try them out for a while and see how they benefit you. Also, ensure that you research it so that you can actually be comfortable with what you’re selling.
How much time you have to put into your new business. Some products require more time investments than others. Keep this in mind when you’re choosing which company to go with. If you are very busy, but still want to take on a direct sales business, consider using online methods to generate traffic and interest to you and what you’re selling. Although direct sales is very person-to-person, there are some people who are very successful in doing this strictly online.
How much money you have to invest in your business. This will play a big part in what you can sell and be profitable with selling. If you have budget constraints, for instance, you will want to go with cheaper options versus if you have a nice sum already budgeted for this.
Direct selling can be very profitable for you if you start on the right foundation.
Direct sales resources
This business can really change your life for the better. In order to ensure that you’re starting off with as much knowledge as possible, check out these direct sales resources below:
- Go Pro: 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
- Facebook Party Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl (Direct Sales Success Secrets)
- Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
Be a Direct Selling Superstar: Achieve Financial Freedom for Yourself and Others as a Direct Sales Leader
Where do I find direct sales opportunities?
Without further ado, here is a list of some of the best direct sales companies to work for in order to start building your own profitable online direct sales business.
Some of the best direct sales companies in the beauty industry.
1. Perfectly Posh– Cost for starter kit: $94 plus tax and shipping. New consultants also receive free business training. This is a pampering product company. If you’re interested, you can read more here.
2. Avon– Cost for start up kit-$15. This is a company focused on selling beauty products such as makeup, jewelry, skin care, fragrances and more. Avon is one of the cheapest direct sales companies you can join and it has been around for a very long time! You can read more here.
3. Mary Kay– Cost of starter kit-$100. Mary Kay is focused on selling healthy beauty products such as skin care, fragrances, makeup, men’s products and more. If you’re interested in knowing more, you can read more here.
4. Younique– Cost for starter kit-$99 plus tax. This is a company with a mission to empower, validate and help build self-esteem in women around the world. They aim to do this by selling cosmetics and makeup. You can read more here.
5. Tyra Beauty– Cost for starter kit- $89. This is a company that focuses on beauty products. You can read more here.
Some of the best direct sales companies in the health and fitness industry.
6. Wild Tree– Cost for New Representative Business Kit-$49.95. This company is focused on healthy meals (free of preservatives, additives, and fillers), that are simple, healthy and natural. If you’re interested, you should read more about this opportunity here.
7. It Works! Global– Cost of business starter kit-$99. This is a company focused on selling products such as the popular weight loss wraps called the Ultimate Body Applicator. Their mission is to help people earn extra income while selling products that work. You can read more here.
8. Team Beachbody– Cost for starter kit-$39.95. This company is focused on helping its customers live a healthy, fulfilling life. They do this by creating the most popular fitness and weight loss exercises including P90X series, Insanity, Focus T25, 21-day fix, Hip Hop Abs. If you’re interested in starting Team Beachbody, read here.
9. Herbalife- Cost for Herbalife Mini International Business Pack (IBP)- $57.75. This is a global nutrition company focused on addressing the global obesity epidemic by offering high-quality products, one -on -one coaching and a community that inspires customers to be healthier and more active. You can read more about Herbalife here.
10. Total Life Changes– You need to purchase a product valued at $40 or more in order to qualify to promote their products. This company is focused on healthy, natural living. You can read more here.
Random direct sales companies.
11. Discovery Toys– Cost for business launch kit- $125. This is a company focused on creating and selling toys dedicated to helping children learn, play and grow. You can read more here.
12. Dove Chocolate Discoveries– Cost for the business kit- $115 plus tax. This company is a direct seller of premium chocolate products such as… If you’re interested in becoming a chocolatier, then read more here.
13. Stream– This company is focused on selling energy by word of mouth. You can read more here.
14. Paycation Travel– Cost for RTA starter kit-$99. This is a company focused on providing the best values on travel related services. If you’re interested, you can read more here.
15. Scentsy– Cost for starter kit- $99. This company specializes in home and personal fragrances. If you’re interested in becoming an agent of Scentsy, you can read more here.
16. Usborne Books and More– Mini starter kit-$70 and Full starter kit -$120. A UK based company focused on selling educational books through its independent consultants. Read more about this direct sales company here.
17. Young Living Essential Oils- Cost for basic start kit- less than $150. This company is focused on producing and selling the most authentic essential oils in the world. If you’re interested in joining a direct sales opportunity to sell essential oils then read here. This is one of the most profitable direct sales companies out there.
18. Tupperware- Cost for starter kit-$down payment of $39 if you register under a consultant. This company is focused on selling durable, flexible, odorless, non-toxic storage containers as well as other kitchen gadgets. If you are interested in learning more, you can read here.
Direct sales companies that are free to join
If you really want to start your own direct selling business, but you’re looking for a few options that are free to join, then keep reading:
Le-Vel – This is something you may want to look into. It is a business focused on selling health and wellness products that are gluten-free, non-GMO to help you feel better, have more mental clarity and more energy.
You can get a couple of free products and start promoting this business for free if you get 2 friends to do this with you. You can learn more here. This direct sales opportunity is perfect for anyone who is looking for ideas with no startup costs.
Elegance Inc – This is a direct sales company focused on selling jewelry that will be worn by your favorite celebrities. There are many ways to join, including a free option. You can read more here.
Direct Sales For Men
If you’re a guy trying to find some direct selling opportunities for men, then look no further. Although the direct selling industry seems to be dominated by women, you can get your piece of the pie as well. Below are some opportunities that are popular with the guys.
Here are 5 direct sales companies for men to check out:
Quick Tips About Direct Selling
1. Be sure to do due diligence before starting any business.
2. Also, ensure that you ask plenty of questions to get a deeper understanding of how the direct sales company you’re interested in works.
3. Ensure that you take the monthly payments that you will have to make into consideration. Try not to go for a company that is priced too high, so you will be able to pay even if sales don’t pick up for the first month or two.
4. Take into consideration the price of the products you will be promoting and the commission you will be receiving on each sale you make. This is very important!
5. Some direct sales companies offer digital ‘parties’. Be sure to find out if a company you are interested in offers digital parties.
Finding success with direct sales
There are so many opportunities for you to find success with your direct sales business. Your ability to learn, implement what you learn and replicate the things that are successful will help take you a long way with your business. Here are a few tips to help you find success with this business:
Find opportunities for free online promotion. Person-to-person is sometimes more ideal, however, free traffic sources can prove to be pure gold for your business. Particularly in the beginning when your budget for investing isn’t that big. Or when you have run out of people to talk around you. Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook are great places to look to for promotion. Pinterest in particular, if done right, can help you generates hundreds of leads per month for free! Learn how to market your business for free online using Pinterest.
Create a solid business plan to help you have a good structure and plan on how to grow your business.
Research thoroughly. This is extremely important. Find success stories from people who are leaders in this industry. Also, read stories from people who have failed and learn from their mistakes. Read books related to direct sales.
Basically, do whatever you can to learn everything you can. And, keep on learning even when you’ve started your business. You can become very profitable with this business, but only if you put in the work it takes!
Do you have any experience with any of those direct sales companies? We would love to hear them, so please comment down below!
Also, do you know any other company that you think should be on the list of the best direct sales companies?
Let us know down in the comments.
7 thoughts on “The Best Direct Sales Companies You Can Start For Cheap”
Gold Canyon is a fragrance and home decor company coming up on 20 years in business. Starter kit is $99.
Thanks Brittany, I will be looking into it. I appreciate the heads up! 🙂
I have purchased products from Total Life Changes and Younique, as a customer and love both products I used! I have a Tyra rep that I will purchase from also. I love to support direct sales!
I am a consultant with Paparazzi Accessories. I chose Paparazzi Accessories because of the price point of the product… ALL accessories are just $5.00. It’s the same quality product you will find at local mall/department stores but without the big ticket price.
I’m not a sales person and with Paparazzi, I really don’t have to be. It really sells itself. Great product and company.
Hi Michelle, that’s awesome. Thanks for your short testimonial. I’m sure many who read this post will appreciate it as much as I do. Also thanks for suggesting Paparazzi Accessories.
The cost for the Mary Kay starter kit is listed incorrect on here. It is $100
Hi Nicole! I’ve done some research and updated the price as per your tip. Thanks so much!
I too am with Paparazzi Accessories, and it like any direct sales will work IF you work your business and don’t expect something for nothing.
Who can say they get 45% commission? Not many. It’s easy, and best of all it’s fun and it doesn’t take much effort but, it’s does take effort. You make friends around the country. And no, most of them aren’t just customers, they really do become friends.
It’s can be the best decision a person can make. Plus the jewelry really is phenomenal!!! And added bonus is that it’s nickel and lead Free!!! And Only $5.